1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

For Sale Big folder clear out

Discussion in 'Knives For Sale' started by Fraser, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Fraser

Fraser Subscribed Member

Time for a bit of a clear out. In a previous job I could carry and use a locking folder all day long, but now I’ve got a stack of knives that don’t get anywhere near the use they deserve. All prices include UK postage. Victorinox Huntsman (regular 91mm frame) in photos for scale.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From left to right:

SOLD! Spyderco Manix 2 XL -£50
    Seriously chunky knife. If you needed one folder to survive the end of the world then this is it. S30V blade, G10 scales, ball bearing lock, reversible tip-up clip. Good condition, slightly stiff to open.

Spyderco Manix 2 -£30
    Minor blade play and the plastic tab enclosing the ball bearing lock is damaged so it wobbles a bit. Spyderco would probably repair it but I never got round to sending it in. Still functional and a decent beater knife.

SOLD! Spyderco Rescue -£35
    As new condition. SpyderEdge sheepsfoot blade in VG10 steel, FRN scales, back lock, reversible tip-up/tip-down clip.

SOLD! Spyderco Native -£20
    FRN scales, back lock, reversible tip-up clip. This was left in an emergency kit for years and forgotten about. Some discolouration to the blade, and a bit of blade play when locked.

SOLD! Spyderco Dragonfly, green -£25
    Carried and used a fair bit at work. Tiny, ultralight and extremely useful knife. A couple of spots on the blade. Plain edge, ZDP-189 steel, British Racing Green FRN scales, back lock and reversible tip-up clip.

Spyderco Dragonfly, yellow -£30
    Fully serrated, H1 rust-resistant steel, yellow FRN scales, back lock and reversible tip-up clip. This has been clipped in to my PFD or climbing harness, but I don't think it's cut anything other than some paracord for a lanyard.

-------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SOLD! Benchmade Triage. -£35
    Safety tip main blade. Additional (non-locking) rescue hook safety cutter. There's also a glass breaker at the rear of the handle. Rust-resistant steel. Axis Lock. Reversible pocket clip.
    [​IMG]
    (close up of rescue hook and glass breaker)

Bottom
    SOLD! Benchmade folder, unknown model. £20
    Bought this thinking it was bigger than it was. Carried and used a bit. Compact, light, thin. Single edge, with a false edge running most of the way up the spine. Axis Lock. Reversible pocket clip.

---------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SOLD! Al Mar SERE. £45.
    VG10 spearpoint blade with false edge. G10 scales. Liner lock. Reversible low-ride clip; it attaches to the rear of the handle with two screws.

----------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SOLD! Victorinox Fireman £20
    Not your average SAK. This has a one-hand opening, locking main blade with a fairly unusual part serrated layout; the plain edge is nearest the handle with the serrations towards the tip. There's also has a safety cutter: a curved blade with a rounded tip for (carefully) cutting clothing, seatbelts etc. The bottle opener/flathead screwdriver locks open as well, for when you have a lot of bottles to open I guess. Some scuffs to the handle, presumably from where I've dropped it at some point. :palm:

That's it for the moment, any questions, feel free. Thanks for looking. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    noddy likes this.
  2. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

Well done someone on that SERE :)

3. Renton

Renton Subscribed Member

I'll take the native and green dragon fly if they are still available.

4. Fraser

Fraser Subscribed Member

Native and green Dragonfly are all yours.
    Message sent.

5. fast but dim

fast but dim Subscribed Member

I've not bought a knife in ages.

I'll take the fireman. It'd be rude not to.

Tbh the only time I use my knife at work ( fireman) is to sharpen Chinagraph pencils!

I've got a normark big swede in my tunic, and I'd be gutted if I ever lost it.

Pm me your pp details!

Nice65 likes this.
  6. Fraser

Fraser Subscribed Member

All yours. PM on the way. :)

7. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

How the hell did I not see that Benchmade when you first posted? I've been after one for ages. :banghead: :shucks:

8. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

I dropped in 8 minutes after Fraser posted this last night. Whoever you are, you have me to thank for tying a knot in my spending. I was that bloody close to the big Manix, the SERE, and the Triage it almost, almost happened. If I’d had any beers, my PayPal would be having a coronary.

Am I pleased with my self control? No, I’m fucking not, I’m gutted not to have a go on any of those three and am looking up a SERE I saw for sale on BCUK at well over £100. Being sensible and sober is bloody overrated IMO. :rant::(:rant:

9. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

The Triage or the auto lookalike?

10. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

The Triage. Fancied one for ages, but not enough to stump up the new price for one. Like you though, I'm glad to be off the beer in terms of impulse buying. That said, if I had been pissed I'd probably drilled over them for longer and not missed it. :roll:

11. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

True. Amount of stuff I’ve thought an excellent idea after a few beers...

beachlover likes this.
  12. fast but dim

fast but dim Subscribed Member

Arrived today!

Brilliant knife...very happy!

Fraser likes this.
  13. Templogin

Templogin Subscribed Member

Argh! Mixed the Manix 2XL. How could I!!

14. se7en

se7en Subscribed Member

Some bargains there! (that I bloody missed!)