1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Binge TV

Discussion in 'General Chat and Gossip' started by noddy, Mar 27, 2020.

1. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

More of a film addict usually and like to get ancient DVDs from the library. Can't do that now, of course.

So, I watched Good Omens with the kids over the past couple of days; which was sweet. Watchmen, Umbrella Academy, Dirk Gently etc. Started on Succession the other day too, which shows promise.

Anything else good out there?

2. Stew

Stew Member

I’m disappointed with the new altered carbon. The premise of the show means that actors change but it doesn’t grab the same.

3. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Same here, I’ve only got a couple of episodes in and it’s been resigned to the equivalent of the cupboard where the canned fish and dried pulses live. Might come in handy.

Started Hunters last night, that’s on Amazon, it’s looking good so far but I’m only one episode in. Picard is ok if you like Trekkie stuff, lots of old characters popping up including ‘7 of 9’. Oh yes :D

Netflix have Lost in Space, The Expanse, Sex Education. Don’t know if Californication is still on there but if so it’s a well worth a watch. Rick and Morty is good to fill a half hour, superb dialogue, ‘A Rickle in Time’ deserves an award for brilliance. :)

If Stranger Things passed you by, that’s a good one.

4. bushwacker

bushwacker Subscribed Member

You havent got enough drugs to deal with the corona virus crisis.

Stew likes this.
  5. se7en

se7en Subscribed Member

The series version of Dusk til Dawn is good, if it's still available

6. Andylaser

Andylaser Administrator Staff Member

I am ploughing through many episodes of Spooks. Up to series 5 now. :)

7. jaggededge

jaggededge Member

Inside No 9 on I player.

8. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

:D

I reckon the surgeries should be giving away the benzos.

9. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

They're stockpiling those for the poor fuckers who are getting their ET tubes pulled out and the staff who have to kill them.

Robbi and BorderReiver like this.
  10. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Carrot and parsnip fine vintage 2020 ought to make a good substitute. :D

I’m gathering the ingredients for my Breaking Bad campervan lab.

Noddy, you have seen Breaking Bad? He says, unsuccessfully trying to steer back on topic. Ooh, look, a butterfly...:roll:

11. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

That is possibly the problem, Rich. I don't watch a ton of telly, but Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Deadwood, those kinds of things set the bar a little high

12. Ren

Ren Member

Seen the Deadwood movie from last year?

The Outsider, probably one of the better Stephen King TV adaptions.
    Bosch (Amazon) 6 series worth, season 7 starts in April.

His Dark Materials (HBO/BBC iPlayer) fantasy based on Pullman's books, if watching with kids.

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Moderator Staff Member

I really wanted to like Deadwood but it was just too slow for me. I'm normally happy enough with that but for some reason I felt like nothing was happening, at all.

Meanwhile, we've been watching Season 2 of Stranger Things for more than three months, we're just not finding time to sit down together, while simultaneously in the mood for a serious watch.

14. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

If you’re going to get a NowTV pass or have Sky Atlantic to watch The Outsider, don’t forget Chernobyl.

15. Ren

Ren Member

16. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

The kids just waded into West Wing, so it is all moot for a little bit now. They were against His Dark Materials - all the actors hopping about shouting like they were in a bad Restoration play :lol:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  17. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Not so much binge, but good for a dip. On Amazon Prime, Ken Blocks ‘The Gymkhana Files’. Just watched the first one, Pikes Peak. It’s quite a big mountain to fall off. It’s a very big mountain to fall off, thank fook for 4 wheel drive on Evo corner. :freak:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  18. Stew

Stew Member

I’m surprised Tiger King hasn’t been mentioned. Jeez, what a bunch of characters on there!

19. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

Westworld was good and Watchmen

Deadwood film was dull and depressing .. probably better re-see

20. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

I dunno if you stuck with it but it’s turning out ok, the original Tak is back as a double sleeve. Still lacks the novelty of the first series, but beggars and all that...

We’ve been bingeing Friday Night Dinner. I’d never even heard of it, but it popped up on Netflix, first broadcast 2011. It has Tamsin Greig and Mark Heap from Green Wing, Heap settling into his old role as disturbed(ing) nutter again. Paul Ritter as the dad is an unsung hero of an actor and deserves more recognition, he is the glue that holds the show together and is utterly brilliant throughout. “Shit, shit on it”. :D