1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Classic Camping

Discussion in 'Deliberate In-Tent' started by Alan Ward, Apr 10, 2016.

1. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

Really like that. :)
    I've been contemplating getting a Baker or Whelan type tent made for that full-on classic experience, but drying, airing and storing aside, I'm increasingly reading about how inherently un-aerodynamic and unstable they are, so I've moved my sights towards getting one of the old canvas car tents like a large mango MkIV with a porch for a car at one end. Now where as man portable as your wee canvas job though. :D

2. ###Out of Cheese Error###

###Out of Cheese Error### Member

It was definitely an experience :zen: .

And I can really appreciate the wisdom of those who opted to purchase the extensions :freak: :D

3. ###Out of Cheese Error###

###Out of Cheese Error### Member

A fairly common box for the time and put to diverse use, but this one was marked for use by the ARP during WWII. The paint on the inner is pretty much age pristine, so it may never have actually been filled :? . This one now serves as a coffee makings box ~ whichever I'm playing with at the time :D ... coffee pod on show ... the shame ... the shame ... :O :sad04: :freak: :rofl: