1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Diana Bobcat

Discussion in 'Shooting' started by snappingturtle, May 30, 2019.

1. snappingturtle

snappingturtle Member

Was looking for a .25 but came across this, looked like it needed a good home!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bobcat has its main under pining's from the Mod 15/16 so is a smoothbore .177 with a small syringe like cylinder with a interesting cylinder wall construction consisting of a rubber grommet, with the transfer port being a flanged tube running through the center, so not only is the grommet the wall and seal but would seem to act like a buffer for the piston.

The butt is stamped 80' so I guess its from 1980' and having got it boxed it had never been fired! There was some surface rust on the barrel but over all very good.

I gave it a strip and inspection, all the seals and parts are good, the construction is basic with a fair bit of room for refinement, but as is, it's good for about 380fps @ just under 5 lbs of energy, I think I could get a bit more volume from the piston and try a rifled barrel with a much better back sight too, but as is its a nice little plinker.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  2. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Cool little rifle, the Diana’s tend to be very well made. It’s often said they compare quality wise with Weihrauch. I’m after a Diana N-Tech gas ram as a single shot replacement for my overly heavy underlever HW 77.

I think the Bobcat was manufactured by Milbro, and like the old catties, are quite rare these days.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  3. Andylaser

Andylaser Administrator Staff Member

Looks good. Would be superb if it was rifled. :)

4. snappingturtle

snappingturtle Member

Yes all the Diana's I've had were very good, and your right the Bobcat is made by milbro, think this model ran from 78' to 85' not as fine as some Diana's I've had, but it is just a kids plinker, and as you say a bit rare, I like the look of it, and the odd mix of wood, steel plastic and alloy

5. snappingturtle

snappingturtle Member

Rifling would be nice! I'm thinking there is a Crossman that use the same "straw an shroud" barrel construction that might be of use.

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Moderator Staff Member

I love seeing a bit of new old stock!

7. snappingturtle

snappingturtle Member

It kind of amaze's me how it happens, this has been sat some where quiet for 39 years !!

8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Moderator Staff Member

Yeah exactly, thanks for posting.

There's a guy on YouTube who eats old rations, he was eating tinned beef from the second Boer war that someone had held onto for all that time!