1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Hello again!

Discussion in 'General Chat and Gossip' started by snappingturtle, Aug 1, 2020 at 6:44 PM.

1. snappingturtle

snappingturtle Member

Hi all not been about much due to a dog knocking me off a sea wall and gaining a busted hip, its been a long recovery needing 3 pins and a lot of down time, but I did manage to do a lot on the RAV4 (re-built most of the suspension and some engine work) Ho and finish some work on my air guns, very odd trying to get by with only one leg of any use, but I'm kind of walking now and getting myself fit enough for climbing and hiking again so...how you all been?

2. MaC

MaC Moderator Staff Member

Hello :)
    Sorry to hear about the accident....there's a thread "Dogs, who'd have them?", that might be an interesting spot for the tale (no pun intended!)

We're quietly muddling along, getting bored a bit in the continuation of staying safe and out of most public situations, but fine otherwise.

I hope you're healing well, and will get out and about properly asap.

M

3. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Moderator Staff Member

Ouch! Was it your dog?

Good to have you back more or less in one piece.:)

4. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Wondered where you’d got to, yowch! Still, good to get the buggered limbs practice in early. :D

All ok I hope.

Where’s that Templogin too? He’s been AWOL for ages.

5. snappingturtle

snappingturtle Member

Nope not my dog! funny thing is, first four days I did not feel it was that bad, sure I could not walk and after trying to drive home that day had to give in to the pain after 7 miles driving, I still though it was just bruising, but my sister insisted on a doctor and he on having and X-ray and they said your bloody off to the RUH for surgery.

6. bushwacker

bushwacker Subscribed Member

G:climb:ood to see you back and recovering.:climb:

7. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough old time. Glad to see you back and to hear you are mending. :)

8. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

I mean, OK, pics of someone's bruised arse aren't what we'd all want to see on the site, I suppose. But, you could at least have said something, dear. There was a valuable seam of humour and innuendo lost there.

Glad you're on the mend and have got the RAV close to going. :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:19 PM
    BorderReiver likes this.
  9. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Quite right, RAV4, arseless leather chaps etc. I can’t believe he didn’t cop anything for mentioning the RAV, let alone his arse.

noddy likes this.
  10. beachlover

I'd have been on it with the spanking and hairdresser comments, but this bloody house moving lark is time consuming and I swear Shiv has a stack of life insurance on me judging by the way she challenging me to prove I'm as fit as her. I can barely bloody move this evening and only Shiraz and brufen is keeping me mobile!

Robbi, MaC, Nice65 and 2 others like this.
  11. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Get the old Sunday club round to make her a nice cup of ‘tea’ first thing in the morning and she’ll just stare at the furniture before picking a spot and retuning the tv. :D

12. beachlover

Such was the lifestyle of Sunday Club members that they are now all dead bar me and one other, who now sits festering in sheltered accommodation smoking dope and chewing on amitriptyline and diazepam. :sad03:

13. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Moderator Staff Member

14. bushwacker

bushwacker Subscribed Member

Sundays dont change with ageing then?

beachlover and BorderReiver like this.