1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Isle of Wight TT

Discussion in 'General Chat and Gossip' started by Robbi, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:24 PM.

1. Robbi

Robbi Subscribed Member

2. Andylaser

Andylaser Administrator Staff Member

They should have a race for scooters to keep all the visiting Mods happy. :)
    Or maybe.......................
    Let the Mods go, then releasae the Triumphs 2 minutes later. :D :D

Gower Ranger likes this.
  3. Robbi

Robbi Subscribed Member

:) like your style Sir.

4. Woody Girl

Woody Girl Member

We used to enjoy one comming up on the inside.. (scooter sandwich )
    Then each of us would put a foot just behind the scooter fairing and then we'd open up the throttle bringing the scooter with us. Terribly dangerous. The timing had to be right!
    Poor scooter boy had no control and would have to go at our speed. Which was usualy faster than his wheels and engine wanted to go.
    Wouldn't recommend as if it goes wrong.......ouch!

5. Andylaser

Or grabbing their whippy aerials and letting off the throttle a bit. The aerial would then flip forward smartly twatting said Mod firmly on the back of his helmet. :O :D

Woody Girl and Robbi like this.
  6. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure there must be a bye-law prohibiting people giving someone's helmet a good whipping in public. :lash:

BorderReiver likes this.
  7. MaC

MaC Moderator Staff Member

I don't get the antipathy they seem to engender. They always look like they're having fun :)
    A bit eccentric, a bit loony, but they're having fun and they don't have the whole aggressive posturing that a lot of the bike gangs seem to try on.

Scooters are like old fashioned bikes, posture matters, sit upright, and they don't kill your back, hips or shoulders says the 80 year old lady who putters around the villages here. Madam reckons it's a damned sight easier and safer than a mobility thingie.

M

BorderReiver likes this.
  8. Andylaser

To be fair, when he stopped, we also stopped and offered him a beer. I think he only accepted because there were 4 of us. :)
    Yes, it probably was silly and probably seemed threatening to him, but we were young and stupid. :D :D

beachlover and BorderReiver like this.
  9. Brian T

Brian T Subscribed Member

I'm waiting for the category describing riding lawn mowers.
    I imagine a bunch of them at 12,000 rpm would be a sound
    as I wait for one to throw a piston!

MaC likes this.
  10. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

I think it should go ahead, but that the roads should remain open to locals, especially the Micra divers in their pork pie hats and cyclists. :D