1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Sold Kifaru Urban Zippy w/ Extras

Discussion in 'Outdoors Kit For Sale' started by minds_eye, Feb 9, 2020.

1. minds_eye

minds_eye Subscribed Member

Grudgingly, I've got a brand new Kifaru Urban Zippy to go as well as a few accessory pouches.

I picked this up a few months back, loaded it up to check everything was as should be (I've had three of these before) and then stored it. As such it has been tried on but is brand new. I've unclipped the compression and waist strap but they just hook back in via the usual kifaru system.

Description:
    Also included are 3 x Kifaru XL pullouts (ranger green, coyote tan and wolf grey). These have been loaded up with rolled up clean clothes, once or twice, to check. These are sized perfectly to the Urban Zippy's shape, meaning it's easy to pull them out of the side slot and get a jacket / extra supplies, best utilising the functions of the bag. I think you could probably get four of these in the UZ but three means you have a chunk of space a good sized jacket and some odds and sods.

Additionally there's a Kifaru large belt pouch (ranger green) that attaches to the patches on the front of the bag, giving you a good sized front pocket (around 4.5-5 litres). This has been mounted and unmounted a couple of times and had some bits and bobs thrown in to check.

Lastly, also included is one of the Kifaru Omni frame sheets (this is the model that appears to be reinforced with round carbon fibre rods rather than the old flat aluminium). This slots into the hydration / laptop sleeve and attaches into the fixings of the pack, eliminating the number one complaint with this pack. Additionally, it's easy enough to remove if you want a lightweight and malleable pack.

Summary:

1 x Kifaru Urban Zippy (Ranger Green),
    1 x Chamber pocket (Coyote brown)
    1 x Kifaru Omni frame sheet
    3 x XL Pullouts (Ranger green, coyote brown, wolf grey).
    1 x Belt pouch (Ranger green, size large)

Pictures

I've been waiting for some good natural light to try and get the colour of this pack right but you're probably better looking at pics on Kifaru's site. It's a ranger green with a lighter green-ish coyote contrast trim which gives it a slightly less military look. My pictures have come out more grey than I'd say it looks in person.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price
    I'm after £275 inc postage to the UK for all of the above. Cost of the items above was £320 odd plus hefty shipping and tax, so quite the saving.

I'm not after any trades or really wanting to split any of the stuff above, at this time.

2. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

Please, someone buy this beauty and put me out of my misery! :sad03:

3. Saint-Just

Saint-Just Moderator Staff Member

Buy it! I can’t afford it now but will buy it from you in a couple of months or 3...

:nod:

bagman and beachlover like this.
  4. beachlover

I may hold you to that Marc, but after regretting parting with the last one I think this one will be a keeper. As always, time will tell though.....:roll:

5. bagman

bagman Moderator Staff Member

Does this mean I can have your TT pack Kev? :D

6. beachlover

There might need to be a rationalisation and the TT has many similarities to the UZ. I’ll decide in the next day or so and let you know. :D

bagman likes this.
  7. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

So, of you frantic bag hounds, who bought it?

8. beachlover

In my defence, I just couldn’t sit back and leave it looking so alone and needing a good home. Seeing that ad was for me like a gullible old woman living alone and watching an RSPCA advert. :)

9. Andylaser

Andylaser Administrator Staff Member

Give you 50 quid for the Taz Tiger now youre skint. :D

10. beachlover

:flippa: :D

Andylaser likes this.
  11. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

I’m getting the same looking at Mollettas sales ad mate, the single blade Bestman and micarta Barlow are singing sweet songs to me.

Noddy is going to need a nappy when he sees the two bladed Bestman :D

beachlover likes this.
  12. beachlover

Just seen those. Me and the dog are both sharing his dried dog food next month as it is! :sad03:

Nice65 likes this.
  13. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Sack of porridge oats and the various ancient dried pulses in the cupboard might be me for a while. :)

14. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

Oh, nice buy Kev. Nice to see the actual size of those Kifaru hip pouches ... been scratching my head about them.

(Simply not going to look at Molletta's ad :lol:)

bagman and beachlover like this.