1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Marrakesh

Discussion in 'General Chat and Gossip' started by Robbi, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Robbi

Robbi Subscribed Member

Going on a 4 day city break to a 5 star hotel in Marrakesh, never been before, does anyone have experiences, tips, ideas to share ?

2. bushwacker

bushwacker Subscribed Member

Dont bother with the hashish. It was never as good as Lebanese.

Guzzi Goose and beachlover like this.
  3. John Fenna

John Fenna Member

Have a good look around the central square and the "Souk". Buy lots of olives. Haggle. Tip the snake charmer well - he will spit on and throw back the really small stuff - this happened to a friend, not me - we others wet ourselves laughing! Eat local food - not the tourist dive crap....

4. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Moderator Staff Member

Go back to the square at night and eat. Don't eat unwrapped ice cream from street vendors.

5. Andylaser

Andylaser Administrator Staff Member

Really good wooden boxes for sale in the souks. Haggle. :)

6. bushwacker

bushwacker Subscribed Member

It makes you realise why the Atlas cedars (thuja) are on the endangered list of plants.

BorderReiver likes this.
  7. Guzzi Goose

Guzzi Goose Subscribed Member

Ahh Red Leb....

8. Juttle

Juttle Subscribed Member

never as good as cashmere black, with the little white flecks...

9. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

I wonder what are the chances of Boris legalizing pot. Can't see any real impact here apart from that the people who smoke in the street are much better dressed. It is a fact that it is trickier to get hold of since the state got involved. All the old pot stores (of which there were many just in the years leading to legalization) have become vape stores in the past eight months. Lots of licensing and supply issues.

10. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Moderator Staff Member

Is it legal to grow your own?

11. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

Yes, you can grow yr own, but it is a mixed picture; with different micro-regulations by town, city and province. Also, and this is quite a big issue - smoking or growing at home can be difficult. Most apartment blocks (which is what most Canadians live in) and most rentals will have their own bans. You can complain to the city about the smell of smoke or just a crop growing from a neighbouring house or garden and that can become a prohibition. There are bans in public parks, which in some towns are extended to all public spaces.

Mainly, people buy online, I think. Simplest ... although there was, hilariously, a national postal strike right after legalization

Before legalization there was at least twenty good, well-stocked pot shops in Vancouver city itself that I knew of and that were nearby .. i.e. a walk or short bus ride. Now there's four I think and only one of them is downtown

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    BorderReiver likes this.