1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Result!

Discussion in 'General Chat and Gossip' started by beachlover, Jan 9, 2020.

1. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

I rarely win out on deals and strokes of good fortune, so tonight I am quietly celebrating being on the receiving end of a bit of good luck akin to Basil Fawlty winning £20 on the horses.

My six year old washing machine that has served us well and was beginning to show signs of wear to the point of being on my to-do list of replacements, but so far hasn't burned the house down would appear to be one of the potential fireballs subject to a safety recall.

A quick check, a couple of emails and a brand new replacement arrives free of cost in ten days, gets fitted and the weapon of mass destruction taken away. :D

Want to bet the bastard burns the house down next week? :roll:

5teep, NOTSHARP, bagman and 8 others like this.
  2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Moderator Staff Member

Washing machines are full of water, it's tumble dryers you have to keep an eye on.

Mine is a tinderbox built by the lowest bidder located where it can quietly smoulder away until it's properly taken hold of my best pair of Levi's.

Saint-Just and beachlover like this.
  3. beachlover

Our tumble dryer is in the garden shed. If it goes up it will be quite a show as all the assorted gas cylinders, meths, turps. a couple of 20 litre petrol cans and two compressed air diving cylinders will go up. It would sort out the fucking rats under my shed though. :]

Nice65, MaC, Andylaser and 3 others like this.
  4. mojofilter

mojofilter Subscribed Member

That’s a bastard, couple of weeks earlier and it could have been Bev’s Christmas!

bagman, MaC, Gower Ranger and 2 others like this.
  5. beachlover

I'm still mulling over whether to tell her or say I decided it needed replacing and she owes me £150 for her half. :D

bagman, MaC, Gower Ranger and 4 others like this.
  6. bushwacker

bushwacker Subscribed Member

2 results Kev, I saw on the news you managed to get rid of the 320 car tyres from your shed.

beachlover likes this.