1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Some new additions to our gear

Discussion in 'Outdoors Gear Reviews' started by Adventures At Dawn, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Adventures At Dawn

Adventures At Dawn Member

Outdoor Stockroom likes this.
  2. Outdoor Stockroom

Outdoor Stockroom Subscribed Member

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. Best wishes in your venture also.

3. Adventures At Dawn

Wherever our travels take us, we will be sure to let people know where we got and will get our equipment from! Thank you!

Outdoor Stockroom likes this.
  4. Saint-Just

Saint-Just Moderator Staff Member

If you want to keep people like me as readers, you'll need to put your dimensions in metric units. If you write for our cousins across the pound you need to adjust your weights to imperial.

Adventures At Dawn likes this.
  5. Adventures At Dawn

That is a good spot! But to change the units to one for readability or to add brackets after the units ?

It would be a case of finding a unit for each that everyone can understand easily

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

6. Saint-Just

I am sure you have readers on both sides of the Atlantic so keeping both is not unreasonable. But if I may I suggest you keep some consistency between your choice of primary and secondary.

7. Adventures At Dawn

Would Kilograms be universal ?
    And for dimensions would inches or centimetres be better ? As I deal with equipment that is both large and small, should I use inches for smaller and meterage for larger ?

For fluids, litres for primary and oz for secondary ?

8. Saint-Just

I would advise SI for primary and imperial for secondary. So that would be kg and pounds, metres (or related multiples depending on need, i.e. km for distances and cm or mm for size of pack or diameter of poles) and miles to inches, litres and fl oz, etc.
    Of course feel free to have them the other way around, but please keep the same throughout your article if not throughout your blog. It just makes things easier to read.

9. Adventures At Dawn

Will definitely edit the piece to have metric and imperial measurements better laid out, it is just something I never really considered when looking at the products' own measurements, I shall fix it asap

10. Adventures At Dawn

I have updated all the prices, volumes, masses and lengths to include currencies and metric to imperial systems respectively! I hope this makes it more satisfactory and easier to read from both sides of the pond!

https://adventuresatdawn.com/2017/07/01/on-camping/

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  11. trixx

trixx Administrator Staff Member

According to your blog you met on ROF.

According to my admin log Outdoor Stockroom didn't join until the 1st of July, the same date you wrote the blog. Now either there is some way of getting same-day delivery from Maine, USA to Eire, or you're being a bit economical with the truth.

By the time I log on to ROF my daily reserves of patience and tolerance - never high at the best of times - are usually running on empty. I have been known to ban people for careless use of the apostrophe, or using an inappropriate emoticon.

Anyway, here's the point. If you're going to sell on ROF you need credibility, and right now neither you or OS has any with me - so either you remedy that or you're both gone by tomorrow morning NZ time. You've got about 10 hours.

Quarterstaff likes this.
  12. Quarterstaff

Quarterstaff Subscribed Member

:D:D:D:D

13. Adventures At Dawn

You're going to ban us because of blatant coincidence ?

I said that we bought supplies from them, I never said we had it yet.

There's an invoice from myself to OS.

So if people wanna make accusations about myself or OS, that's not a credibility fault on our part.