1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Tarp tents

Discussion in 'Outdoors Gear Discussion' started by warrenbond, Mar 26, 2017.

1. warrenbond

warrenbond Subscribed Member

Quick video of the lair tarp tent

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Robevs73

Robevs73 Subscribed Member

My mate has a Trailstar copy and it's really good, worth the money.
    We've both recently picked up the real thing, I haven't used it yet but it looks the dogs bollocks, the copy is lighter if you're into ultralight kit.

3. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

I've had both and the real thing is a world apart from the Chinese job. I found that while there was a huge amount of space a lot of it wasn't really useable and the pole in the middle made it all a bit of a faff. That, combined with almost having to limbo into and out of it saw me selling them on and I'm presently loving my Gatewood tarp, but wouldn't mind a Solomid or Duomid, but my funds are not going to allow that for a while because of other commitments.

4. warrenbond

warrenbond Subscribed Member

Cheers Rob not really ultralite but got to cut the weight down because of my back and feet its shit getting older.

Kev iv been looking at solomid and the duo but i think ill get the trailstar i like the idea of the different set ups .
    Hopefully get it for some winter camping,

5. Robevs73

Robevs73 Subscribed Member