1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Tech help aaarrrggghh

Discussion in 'General Chat and Gossip' started by E. by gum, Jul 28, 2020.

1. E. by gum

E. by gum Member

Hi, am many days behind with any "today" rants....but...got smartphone, now seem to need it for work booking in shifts.
    Seem to have got £10 on it but how the feck do I port my old number to it? New phone has nano sim in that i got posted to me by ee. 11 year old nokia has big sim, wont fit so need to port it over.
    Cant do it, followed the online stuff, got PAC from old phone ok, enter it online on ee site it wonnt have it, just says "Your PAC should look like this and your STAC like this"
    My PAC does look like that, wont accept it. Dont know what else to do, tried ringing ee but after 5 mins of not even getting to the hold stage i gave up, just endless recordings saying how busy they are cos of covid.
    AAAARRRGGGHH i cant even port my number over-and both phones are THE SAME NETWORK grrr
    anybody?

2. Woody Girl

Woody Girl Member

I know how you feel.! My only advice is... Find a friendly teenager! Bung them a fiver.

3. E. by gum

E. by gum Member

Steve from work is on the case, but I thought porting a number was supposed to be easy, haha. Hes at work today, Im not, he said I can go to his place tomoz to do it, but was hoping to have done this part. Hes going to set up my more tech stuff on the new phone. The "help" things online on ee site are useless of course.

4. Woody Girl

Woody Girl Member

When I last bought a phone it was at tesco. I got them to do it all for me and walked out of the shop with a working phone with all my photos etc swopped over onto it.
    Saves so much headache and stops me fizzing away with frustration.
    I have a friends daughter aged 13 to sort out any other problems when needed. Bless her.

BorderReiver likes this.
  5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Member

Our grandson had to do it for us!

Woody Girl likes this.
  6. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Last two changeovers (EE sim, paid for iPhone) have been seamless and dead easy. Just thought I’d let you know. I’d worried, but unnecessarily, really a pleasure, absolutely faultless. :finger:

It was a while ago now, iPhone 7 whenever that came out has a tiny SIM. I got the PAC and it just worked, but I was going O2 to EE. It’s a Port Authorisation Code for changing networks, not for keeping your number on EE.

You’ve probably tried this, you need a PIN to put in the new phone. You’re not changing network so you shouldn’t need a port code

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/activate-sim?action=newPhone

E
    dited all of the above. I’m sure you don’t need a PAC, you need a PIN by inputting your number on the above link.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  7. E. by gum

E. by gum Member

Tried that right now. Wont work.
    Still not sure thats right, doesnt sound right. My new phone works just with the wrong number, I want my old one.

8. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Dunno then mate, sorry. If you’re already using the new nano sim with it’s registered new number, then there’s a problem there because the sim has already been activated and is using the £10 attributed to it. In the meantime it is possible to set up a call divert/forwarding to the new number so you can take calls from the old one?

You can book call backs with EE shops, they say they can’t do the tech stuff but often can. Best of luck, I know it’s a pain in the arse from repeated trips into Chichester to sort out similar. In Chichester there are 2 EE shops. Booking an appointment with one of them and then turning up at the other to be looked at blankly because I didn’t know this simply added to the pain.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 12:48 AM
  9. E. by gum

E. by gum Member

Spent 3 hour at steves from work today with him getting my smart phonr going. Managed to swap the number, some bod at ee had to do it for me.
    Most things are sorted.
    Was supposed to be getting a parcel from amazon thursday.....got email to say they tried to deliver at 11.15am today....:banghead: I was out of course!
    Why not try coming thurs as arranged? How do they know when you go out? HOW?:banghead:

BorderReiver and beachlover like this.
  10. Renton

Renton Subscribed Member

They track your smartphone obviously :rofl: