1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Throwing knives

Discussion in 'Outdoors Gear Discussion' started by fast but dim, Aug 2, 2020 at 8:55 PM.

1. fast but dim

fast but dim Subscribed Member

My 17 yr old son has finally shown an interest in knives. Obviously he's been exposed to them since birth, but he's never really been arsed.

He's a big fan of the umbrella academy, and there's a knife thrower as a key character.

Anyone recommend a cheap thrower? I've seen a few offerings from cold steel, but ideally I'm after something that won't terrify the neighbours.

Obviously, if you have one or two to sell, I'm up for a deal!

2. Stew

Stew Member

When I was somewhat younger and got into throwing knives, I expanded into a few other fun items - basically the biggest nails you can buy and also big fencing staples with a fluffy string tail.

Nice65 likes this.
  3. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

I bought one of the Cold Steel jobs while under the influence of cheap red wine. It is about a foot long and weighs about half a pound. I swear if it hit someone flat on it would bring them down. I've actually hidden it from myself in case I'm tempted to throw it at something.

MaC, fast but dim and Robbi like this.
  4. fast but dim

Perfect.

5. beachlover

beachlover Moderator Staff Member

If you want it then it's yours, the bastard is just going to get me into bother..... :roll:

CaptainBeaky, Nice65 and BorderReiver like this.
  6. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

You know this thread will need updating? We need pics of the thing stuck in the side of your ambucamper, blue lights flashing. :)

Like Stew says, 9” nails pointy at both ends are good fun.

7. fast but dim

Like it won't get a 17 yr old into bother

bushwacker and beachlover like this.