1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Today....

Discussion in 'General Chat and Gossip' started by MaC, Mar 25, 2020.

1. MaC

MaC Moderator Staff Member

I am going to

Stay home.
    Strip the beds and get the bedding washed, etc.,
    Do some work in the garden. I need to get the fig and the olive out of the greenhouse, and I have seeds to sow too. Could do with finding good homes for three trees, but no one's going out....could maybe dig at least one of them into the bit of land outside our fence though if no one's around.
    Pressure wash out the bin, the vulture lorry was round early this morning so the bins are clear.
    Really should wash the windows......:roll: might pressure wash the side path when the stuff's all out anyway.
    Make some more masks for neighbours who've asked. Boil or bleach washable, pocket for a filter/extra layer of whatever, cotton, will take a hot ironing, and fit well and comfortably.
    Put the binding on three wee quilts for Linus even though they aren't being collected or distributed just now, but I want them done and tidied up.
    Bake a promised chocolate cherry coconut traybake for Son2 who's working from home.
    Sand, prep and paint the bathroom door.
    Clear my inbox, and reply to friends. Daily phone call with a self isolating elderly neighbour. Normally she is very good company, but three quarters of an hour on the phone yesterday left my hand numb holding the phone and my neck and ear aching, and I am so tired of the Covid-19 round and round and round again. Not her fault, just, ach, it's just life.
    Make a bracelet, earrings and pendant from a new set of polished agate beads. Very pretty jewel colours this set. I usually use silver, but I have gold plated silver wire and findings, so might use that for these.
    I've pulled a load of iris leaves and rushes. They're drying in bundles just now, but might have a play with them and see how ready they are for rope making....I'm going to make little hanging nests to hide in the hedge. If nothing else I can use them as wireworm feeders for birds like the wrens and the long tailed tits.
    Normal daily housework cleaning type stuff, making veggie curry for dinner, and I think that's my day.
    Pretty boring really :sigh:

Not happy being stuck in.
    Sod's law. I'll be good.

What are you lot up to ?

M

CaptainBeaky and BorderReiver like this.
  2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Moderator Staff Member

Mate I'm working from home in sub-optimal conditions :nod:

Then probably painting a ceiling, in sub-optimal conditions :roll:

MaC likes this.
  3. MaC

You're getting there then :)
    There'll be an end in sight now though, and you'll know the job's done and dusted properly when you're done.

ElThomsono likes this.
  4. ElThomsono

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel; it took me ages to sort our bedroom as everything underlying was in such bad condition but I'm sat there working now, enjoying the fruits of my labour. So is this dog, who keeps marking the windows with his nose:

[​IMG]

beachlover, MaC, jaggededge and 2 others like this.
  5. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Moderator Staff Member

That's what windows are for.:roll:

beachlover and MaC like this.
  6. CaptainBeaky

CaptainBeaky Subscribed Member

Go shopping
    Mend a fence panel
    Put a trellis back up after repairs to another fence
    First cut of the grass in the back garden
    Cut and split some firewood
    Enjoy being a gentleman of leisure for the first time in 34 years

7. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Moderator Staff Member

Recover from my daily allowance of exercise, then await instructions from the management.:)

beachlover, MaC and Saint-Just like this.
  8. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

That'll do for a start :)

Mainly stuck in online conversations with an increasingly bureaucratic and crotchetty bunnch of colleagues. Eldest wants to fix bike and build a gym. Dog always needs to go out. Youngest wants to go to bookshop and is on a cooking tip ... dearest wife in same boat as me. Might risk pulling out the garden furniture at some point in the day

MaC likes this.
  9. Stew

Stew Member

I started to make a move into the workshop. Rearranged a few things but it did me in so have put empire strikes back on with the kids. I’m calling it media studies, as school is closed.

10. ElThomsono

So you're doing alright then, that's good to hear.

BorderReiver and MaC like this.
  11. NOTSHARP

NOTSHARP Subscribed Member

Three mile walk with Mrs. NOTSHARP, and the dogs. Back home for a breakie of beans on toast.
    Dug over a wee raised bed, and tried to make it Spaniel proof. :roll:
    Some gun mounting practice for SWMBO this afternoon.
    Duck stir fry for dinner later.

Steve.

12. MaC

It is indeed :)
    Kind of gives folks hope when they hear that others have been (are still in it) through it and are coming back to being themselves again.
    I hope it passes quickly for you, Stew.

M

beachlover likes this.
  13. MaC

Oh, food thread :)
    Nice idea there.

Having lunch. Carrot and coriander soup, made with lentils. Thick and tasty, and I just made cheese on toast for everyone to go with it.
    It's cold here today. Soup just kind of hit the spot :)

14. Woody Girl

Woody Girl Member

I've overdone the gardening a bit but then I was pruning back a massive budlia tree about 20 feet tall. It's done now thankfully but branches are all over the garden and no way to take them to the tip.
    Hours of chopping then down into smaller more managable size now await as my fybromyalga has kicked in and I'm stuck barely able to turn over in bed without hurting.
    It will pass and I'll try to finish knitting my sweater.
    It's realy annoying but I'm having a do nothing much day today.
    No choice!

15. Stew

Stew Member

Yep, I’m doing ok. I would say over it, just the last of the tiredness to shift.

Well, a bit of shortness of breath and headache but it seems minor now.

NOTSHARP, noddy, BorderReiver and 5 others like this.
  16. MaC

I think, and my best friend is in agreement with me on this, that a Jammy Day is often a very good thing :)
    I hope the aches ease and you find comfort in being yourself again just as soon as can be.

M

Woody Girl likes this.
  17. Juttle

Juttle Subscribed Member

Today I tried to go to the local Sainsbury’s. Parked up in gods waiting area and with the aid of my crutches secured a trolley and headed for the door. At the door I’m greeted by a security guard who informs me, in the manner of a warder in bellmarsh, to join the queue. I wobbled round the corner to find a queue 3/4 of the way round the car park. Upon asking the warder how long it might be before my bit of the queue reached nirvana I’m told, “about two hours, mate!”

I wobbled back to the trolley park and then to my van and came home!

MaC and beachlover like this.
  18. Robbi

Robbi Subscribed Member

I'm a little worried about this once a day exercise......

it's not compulsory is it ?

Toots, Ex Member, NOTSHARP and 7 others like this.
  19. Saint-Just

Saint-Just Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to hear that. Isn't Sainsbury having specific hours for elderly/disabled customers? As far as I know the right day for you is tomorrow (Thursdays).

20. Guzzi Goose

Guzzi Goose Subscribed Member

Falkkniven U2 in my pocket, no worries about accidentally leaving the house without swapping it

BorderReiver and Saint-Just like this.