1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Viz

Discussion in 'General Chat and Gossip' started by Saint-Just, May 8, 2015.

1. Saint-Just

Saint-Just Moderator Staff Member

Stolen from another forum, but thought it would fit in well:

Viz is still as educational as it ever was.

From the current edition:

LETTERS
    It's encouraging to see that role models do sometimes have an impact on our youth. Jason, for instance, was an heroic figure in Greek mythology who had many noble and daring adventures. Coincidentally, there is a young man on our estate who wears a golden fleece. Alright, I know the real Jason didn't sniff glue or steal cars but I think I've made my point nonetheless.
    Chester Dyson, Tooting

On Mother's Day, my son sent me a card which read 'To Mum, I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you'. I know it isn't very original but it's difficult to argue with his biological hypothesis.
    Doris Babcock, Nottingham

They say there's no fool like an old fool but I beg to differ. I've just sold my T-reg Datsun Cherry to a 25-year old for three grand.
    Guillermo Clifford, Hants

TOP TIP
    Convince friends and neighbours you're a volunteer worker at the local charity shop by sporting a goatee, glasses and wearing a sleeveless safari jacket.
    DeForest Tucker, Birmingham

2. NOTSHARP

NOTSHARP Subscribed Member

:clap::clap::clap:

Link to the site ???

Steve.

3. Saint-Just

4. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

I did enjoy Viz. Black Bag was always excellent, and I've been trying to find Godzilla and the Ring of Pubis for years, can't though.

5. NOTSHARP

NOTSHARP Subscribed Member

6. Happy Wanderer

Happy Wanderer Member

I recall reading Balsa Boy for the very first time. It nearly put me in A&E. I couldn't breathe.

58 year old social inadequate, Arthur Trubshaw had always dreamt of having a child of his own ...

Oh man I can feel the pain coming back. Oh Daddy why does it hurt so much. Oh Daddy Daddy hold my hand. I don't want to die ..

NURSE!!!!!!

7. sarj

sarj Moderator Staff Member

Monkey spunk moped! try getting that in any other thread,:rofl:

[​IMG]

Quite frankly, I am disgusted that this august forum would allow a thread about the vile publication Viz. when I was a lad the comic- cut papers were both healthy and educational!. my personal favourite was " The Rogerer" published by the Catholic Church, I spent many a happy evening bent over the Altar receiving Extreme Unction from the priest, whilst thumbing the old Rogerer.

Jason Marmoset

Minge water terrace
    bluebell end
    Cunton upon Thames.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  8. Paul W

Paul W Member

9. Saint-Just

10. noddy

noddy Subscribed Member

The phrase 'go piss up a rope' entered my vocabulary sometime in the early-mid 80s thanks to Viz, and hasn't really left it since

11. dazcon

dazcon Member

I used to love the Viz. In the early days you could only buy it at Virgin Records shops. Readers letters and top-tips were superb, as were their Bradford Exchange Sunday supplement type ads. The John Wayne, Tutenkhamun Dambusters clock for instance. The red wax stamp at the bottom corner said " Shit things on tick." ....Brilliant!

I'm not a fan of these new-fangled gravy granules. They're crunchy and leave a bitter taste in your mouth! I like my gravy runny, like mum used to make!

It's a proven statistic that 99% of stalkers never actually approach their victims. I'm sure that is of some comfort to the two remaining Beatles.

:nod:

Paul W likes this.
  12. Paul W

Paul W Member

And let us not forget Viz's superb politically incorrect merchandise :nod:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dazcon

dazcon Member

Superb! I miss topless skateboard nun!!

I remember the " How American Are You?" quiz.

Question 1:-

You are leaving your long-term partner as the relationship is stagnating. Do you:-

A. Leave her a heart-felt note and slip out in the middle of the night.

B. Sit her down and explain your feelings letting her down as gently as you can.

C. Take her on a prime-time tv show and attack her with a chair in front of a group of whooping in-bred degenerates.

:rofl:

14. Cave_Dweller

Cave_Dweller Member

And of course, who could forget...

[​IMG]
    Hello, good evening, and bollocks.

15. one_rod

one_rod Subscribed Member

I actually had issue #1.
    Looked like it had been made by some bored school kid on a photocopier.

You could only get in the North East in those days, and only from certain "adult" type shops.

No idea what happened to it, probably lent it to someone and never got it back. Never gave it another thought, until I found out how much they change hands for these days. :O

http://tonyvalderama.com/acatalog/Viz_Comic__Back_Issues_.html

16. John56

John56 Member

Does anybody else remember The Great Winnit Hunter and Buster Gonads? Top tips were great too, I seem to remember the number 1 tip for dieters was: Eat less, shit more.

Sent from my PMT7077_3G using Tapatalk

17. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Moderator Staff Member

18. Saint-Just

Another top tip:
    An empty aluminium cigar tube filled with angry wasps makes an inexpensive vibrator. Sister S., Berwick

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Moderator Staff Member

Fool people into thinking you have automatic windscreen wipers by turning them on when it rains.

20. John56

John56 Member

Another Top Tip for dieters:

Fat people, if you find yourself being tempted by the chocolate bar in the fridge then don't put the fucking thing in there in the first place.