1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are trying to register and not receiving an email confirmation, the most common reason is that you've mis-typed your email address and the confirmation email has bounced. Send a message to Admin using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and we'll sort it out. Alternatively, check your spam folder as sometimes messages are mistakenly put in there.

Sold Zackerty Serrata for sale

Discussion in 'Knives For Sale' started by Fraser, May 24, 2019.

1. Fraser

Fraser Subscribed Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This knife was made by Stuart “Zackerty” Ackerman and bought directly from him on BB somewhere around 12-15 years ago. It has an interesting, fairly rare construction method- it was cast from 440c steel. It handles well and the casting process gives the edge a “toothy” feel, hence the name Serrata. I’ve used it in the kitchen for food prep and in the woods as a bushcraft knife. Selling because I’ve got a safe full of blades and not enough time to actually use them. This one simply doesn’t get the use it rightly deserves. It comes with a Kydex sheath which I modified; it originally had a moulded belt loop. I prefer to carry it on paracord around my neck or shoulder holster style.

Note- this is not the Spyderco production version.

It's in good condition, with a few scuffs and scratches from use and carry.

Mora for size reference only.

Looking for £55 delivered in the UK.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    bagman, Nice65 and beachlover like this.
  2. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Whoever got that, I’d imagine it’s absolutely made your day, congratulations. I’m genuinely happy to see an old skool BB type mates rates sale. :clap:

I saw it pop up between screen refreshes, such a bargain, and also a Serrata version I’ve never seen before, all dark and interesting. Desperately trying not to spend I quickly fled the scene. “Serrata, £55, dark and precious” running in my head all afternoon like Gollum and the Ring.

If it’s not your cuppa after a while, I’d love to try a Serrata one day.

Fraser likes this.
  3. Juttle

Juttle Subscribed Member

I must admit to being tempted...very tempted....even though I’ve been making my own knives for years. So pleased it’s gone, I don’t think I would’ve held out if it hadn’t been gone this morning!

Hell of a good price too!

Congratulations to whoever proved to be even weaker of will than me!

Fraser likes this.
  4. bagman

bagman Moderator Staff Member

I was away from BB when these were being sold I think and I’ve always hankered after one.

I’ll let you know :D

Fraser likes this.
  5. Nice65

Nice65 Subscribed Member

Lucky man. :)

I think Zack still has some, but not at £55 a go.

bagman and Fraser like this.
  6. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Moderator Staff Member

Thank you, Harvey, I have one but a spare was tempting even though I've not bought a knife for a fair while now.

bagman likes this.
  7. Saint-Just

Saint-Just Moderator Staff Member

Well done mate. Love mine.

Its story is fantastic too, the blade itself was a present from Grace Horne, the handled made by Mick (who used to come at Bardster’s, can’t remember his nickname just now, Mick Spain?) and the sheath was a present from Lawrence (Rapidboy), made for me as I am a South paw.
    [​IMG]

dkonopinski, Renton, Fraser and 3 others like this.